Hey! I’m Talia.
Here’s a snapshot:
- I’m a New York native, but next October I’m moving to Frisco, Colorado to continue full-time freelancing and hopefully pick up part-time snowboard instructing.
- What I’m doing with my life: I have no fucking clue. Right now, you can hire me to write for your company blog, give your LinkedIn profile a makeover and help you with your influencer marketing campaign.
- People in my life come to for advice because I can help them see the forest when they’re stuck in the trees or vice versa.
- I have a working knowledge of content development, copywriting, outreach, marketing, online business and blogging.
- I used to work in the entertainment industry on track to becoming a talent agent, then became a recruiter and staff writer at Elite Daily.
- For those that care, I studied film production, creative writing and screenwriting at Ithaca College and graduated in 2014 with a less-than-brag-worthy GPA.
- My obsessions include peanut M&Ms, Shake Shack, bullet points, snowboarding, road trips, personal development, researching credit cards, reaching out to people who write awesome stuff and planning awesome vacations.
Already know what you want to talk to me about?
Drop me a line: taliasarakoren[at]gmail[dot]com
What this blog is about: getting your life together after college, from learning how to handle money to networking your way into a job and everything in between.
When I say everything, I specifically mean connecting with people, finding your career path, traveling alone, being productive and learning the basics of money.
Some might refer to all this as “adulting” but I want to take it a step further. I want to inspire you to be proactive about your dreams and goals.
What you want your life to look like is achievable. It’s doable. You can make it happen!
You’re probably asking yourself, why in the world is this chick being so optimistic?
Well, it’s because I’m currently making it all happen for myself too.
I know what it’s like to dream about a job, land that job and be miserable.
I know what it’s like to be overwhelmed by how many job options there are.
Alternatively, I know what it’s like to feel like you have absolutely no options.
I know how it feels to be confused about money and scared of managing it.
I know how annoying and difficult networking can be in the beginning.
I know what it’s like to feel lost and not know what to do next.
Even though I don’t have it all figured out, I’m proactive about learning HOW to make it happen… and then actually doing it.
It = designing the lifestyle of my dreams, like being able to choose my work schedule.
It = traveling and having adventures, like taking an 11 day solo road trip out west.
It = being financially independent so when shit hits the fan, I’m not under pressure.
What’s your “it?” What are you constantly chasing?
Not too long ago, I didn’t know anything about money. I thought I was destined to sit behind a desk and climb a corporate ladder. I thought careers were linear. I didn’t know what a 401k was or how taxes worked. I thought my degree was important. I didn’t know how to cook. I didn’t know how to sell myself without feeling yucky about it.
Instead of being cool with not knowing about all of that, I started teaching myself.
Through teaching myself I’ve not only gained knowledge, but I’ve also gained confidence to carry myself through life’s toughest situations.
I want the same for you!
I also would love to hear from you. Tell me — what are you constantly chasing? Drop me a line at taliasarakoren[at]gmail[dot]com.